Falmouth Harbor Sailing School
Teaching the community the art and science of sailing since 1990
2021 Falmouth Cup Friday, August 20th
Notice of Race
1. Rules • The Regatta will be governed by the 2021-2024 Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) with exceptions noted in the sailing instructions.
2.1 The Regatta is open to all eligible boats in any of the Optimist and Open Skiff classes from the Falmouth area.
2.2 All Optis will race in the same fleet. Green Fleet sailors are welcome.
2.3 All sailors must be a participant in a sailing program, and they must be able to navigate a race course.
3. Optimist sailors must not have reached their 15th birthday as of December 31, 2021.
4. The Open Skiff Class will race on the same course as the Optis, but they will have separate starts.
5. Registration The regatta will take place at the Falmouth Yacht Club 290 Clinton Ave. Falmouth MA 02540.
• The registration deadline is 2:00pm Thursday August 19th , 2021
• Registration is available at: https://theclubspot.com/register/regatta/EDFUJQBFXP/class
• The registration fee is $50.00 and there will be no refunds. Breakfast, snack bags, water and a post racing barbeque will be provided for all sailors.
6. Schedule of Events • Check-in/Breakfast: 0830-0900
• Skippers Meeting: 0900 • Harbor Start: 0930 • No races will be started after 1400
• Cookout at FYC after racing
7.1 The Low Point Scoring System will apply
7.2 One race will constitute a series.
7.3 All Optis will race in 1 fleet; Open Skiffs will race in 1 fleet as well.
7.4 When five or more races are completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
• Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers overall. There will be no individual prizes for age group fleets.
• For more information contact Michael O’Connor at Falmouth Harbor Sailing School located at Falmouth Yacht Club: 290 Clinton Ave. Falmouth MA 02540 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org