Falmouth Harbor Sailing School
Teaching the community the art and science of sailing since 1990
RULES OF SAFETY AND CONDUCT
1. A swimming test must be passed each Year.
2. Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs’) must be worn by all students and instructors at all times while on the docks, floats or boats.
3. Appropriate protective foot wear will be worn by students and instructors at all times while on docks, floats and boats.
4. Punctuality is expected.
1. Fair Play, Team Cooperation, Good Sportsmanship are expected behavior at Falmouth Harbor Sailing School
2. Instructors’ directions regarding boats, skippers and crews, weather, etc. must be obeyed. a.Instructors’ safety signals MUST be obeyed: voice, whistle or flag
3. Offensive behavior or language will not be tolerated.
4. The staff, grounds and members of the Falmouth Yacht Club will be respected.
a. The beach and the foyer are off limits to non-FYC members.
b. The Upper Deck Restaurant and Deck are off limits to all students.
c. All students who are not members of FYC must leave the premises immediately at the end of the class session.
5. All equipment, supplies and vessels will be used safely and conscientiously.
6. Respect for the rights and property of neighbors is expected.
1. Boats and equipment will be left in proper condition and stored appropriately at the end of each day.
2. Running in the dock area is not permitted.
3. Swimming in the Inner Harbor is not allowed.
4. FHSS is not responsible for items left on the property. a. All personal effects will be taken home daily. b. Items left longer than one week will be donated to a local charity.
5. Students must strive to develop competency in safety drills, capsize drills, towing and rescue procedures.